A Law Firm With A Difference
About Pinder Reaux
We are able to fully devote our time and effort to all our clients to ensure that they obtain the best and most relevant legal advice as part of an overriding strategy for success.
Specialists In Law
The directors of the firm and all its staff are specialist in their respective fields. We are not a ‘do it all law firm’ because we do not have to be. We undertake specific and bespoke areas of law, which are naturally complex and which often require lateral and ‘outside of the box thinking’. The team at Pinder Reaux are contemporary and modern, we have no stuffy leather arm chairs or piles and piles of dusty books as that is not what the law is about. The law is about achieving your client’s objectives using clear, concise and decisive methods, everything else is just background noise, unhelpful and unnecessary.
We have no qualms in saying that we are the best at what we do. We are not arrogant but confident, as our past successes show. There are hundreds of law firms to choose from, but none like Pinder Reaux. At the core is client care and client satisfaction, and without a solid core there is no foundation to build upon.
Our directors, Rupinder Bains and John Spyrou share a common ethos and approach to work: providing the right guidance and support to each and every client, to ensure that they are always one step ahead.
“As a client, your one and only job should be to choose the right lawyer for the job. We are the right lawyers…leave the rest to us”.
Pinder Reaux Solicitors
Rupinder Bains, Managing Director, Pinder Reaux Solicitors
Rupinder is the Managing Director of Pinder Reaux and has a particular expertise in criminal and civil litigation. She has developed a particular niche for representing corporate clients in matters concerning The Trading Standards Agency. Her clients range from individuals, to organisations including large corporations for which she provides advice on Corporate and Commercial issues as well as Commercial Litigation issues.
Rupinder also deals with high net worth divorce and family law related matters. Approaching cases with a commercial perspective and challenging current legal precedent, has often generated a lot of media interest in many of the family cases that Rupinder has dealt with.
Litigation and tackling matters relating to social media issues is another area of Rupinder’s speciality.
Being the first UK law firm to seek and obtain a disclosure injunction against Facebook is an example of the approaches taken – which also gained recognition in The Times, by naming Rupinder as Lawyer of the Week, as well as in The Lawyer (legal publication). Rupinder is regularly called to provide her opinion on issues concerning social media and online defamation issues on both television programmes, as well as the radio.
Rupinder was also invited to speak at an event concerning online bullying and trolling at the House of Lords and was the main speaker on a panel of speakers at the Women’s Commonwealth Parliamentarians Annual Conference in Gibraltar.
The below links are to a couple of the interviews that she has participated in:
Working closely with and representing football teams spanning from the Premier League to League One led to Rupinder being appointed to the board of directors of the Football Association in November 2017 as a joint representative of the Premier League and the English Football League. This appointment created history, with Rupinder being the first Asian person to ever be appointed to this role.
Rupinder has also just been listed in the 2019 edition of Who’s Who – which is a worldwide
publication listing all the leading and influential individuals in their field. Away from the law firm, Rupinder is also a Director of The Lily Foundation: a charity set up to support families with children suffering from Mitochondrial disease, as well as to help finance research medical progression in relation to this disease. Founded by football commentator Jonathan Pearce, the charity has attracted a wealth of sporting personalities who are patrons of the charity and become heavily involved in all events that are arranged.
John Spyrou, Co-Director, Pinder Reaux Solicitors
John Spyrou is a co-director of Pinder Reaux Solicitors. He is Head of Media and Litigation. John has been a solicitor since 2011, having previously worked for a magic circle firm, and central government including, the Insolvency Service and Serious Fraud Office (Overseas Corruption Division). Since 2015 he has been a regulated intermediary under the FA Football Agents Regulations and prior to that was a registered FA Football Agent. He is also a member of the Law Society Junior Judge’s Division.
Using his experience and robust litigation nature, John is a specialist in:
1. Civil and Commercial Litigation.
3. Insolvency Law, including claims by insolvency practitioners.
4. Defending directors under investigations brought by central government under the Company Director Disqualification Act 1986 (‘CDDA’).
5. Timeshare Litigation, including claims for mis-selling, mis-representation and claims under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
John has worked on a number of cited cases, an example of which are listed below:
(1) NICOLE CHARLOTTE LEDERER (2) PURRINOS INVESTMENTS LTD v (1) ALLSOP LLP (2) ANNIKA KISBY (3) VICTORIA LIDDELL (FIXED CHARGE RECEIVERS). A multi-million-pound ongoing litigation which concerns peer to peer lending and various allegations about material misrepresentations.
(2) R v (on the application of Scunthorpe United Football Club Ltd v Greater Lincolnshire LEP Ltd). John is retained by League 1 football Club Scunthorpe United in its judicial review action against Greater Lincolnshire LEP and North Lincolnshire Council concerning the Lakes Development.
(3) DREAM BOYS LONDON LTD v BARGAIN TRAVEL BUREAU LTD High Court Chancery Division. An ongoing substantial litigation in which John is acting for Dream Boys London Ltd, the purveyor of the world famous ‘Dream Boys’ Adult entertainment show, in an action against the Defendant for trademark infringement.
(4) IG INDEX LTD v JOHANNES HENDRIK CLOETE EWHC 2297 QBD. A case in which John acted for the Defendant in a breach of confidence action against one of the UK’s biggest online trading companies.
(5) LEGENDS LIVE LTD v HARRISON EWHC 1938 (QB). A case in which John acted for Legends Live Ltd, a company, owned by the Swann family (who also own Scunthorpe United Football Club), involved in the provision of entertainment venues in Blackpool, including the famous Sand’s Venue, in respect of the enforcement of restrictive covenants concerning a Micheal Jackson tribute act.
(6) MICHAEL PATTEMORE (2) VIRTUAL PROPERTY WORLD LTD (3) VIRTUAL PROPERTY WORLD UK LLP (4) LYNDA BELLINGHAM v (1) DARREN MARK RICHARDS (2) ESTATES DIRECT.COM. A case in which John acted for Micheal Pattemore and the late Lynda Bellingham in a defamation and malicious falsehood action brought against website publisher.
John has also been asked to comment, as an expert, on the recent high-profile media litigation between Sir Cliff Richard, South Yorkshire Police and the BBC. Click here to view John’s interview.
John P. Spyrou
John has been described by his clients as follows:
‘A real fighting litigator, goes above and beyond for his clients no matter the obstacles faced’
‘Has the ability to pre-empt arguments and see issues before they arise, thereby allowing him to be one step ahead of the opposition’
‘Is straight with you from day one, both about the commerciality of your matter and the merits of proceeding in a certain way. This allows not only a candid open dialogue and relationship, but also allows you to make educated choices, on John’s advice, on how to proceed’
In his spare time John is an avid football fan, following Manchester United, and enjoys spending time with his family.
Favourite Quote – ‘When your Backed Against The Wall Break the Goddamn Thing Down’ – Harvey Specter – Suits
Who we support and who supports us
Clients & Partners
What people say
"We shall, no doubt, be engaging you again soon"
"The matter was concluded very successfully and I’d like to thank John and Wilson again for their helpful and highly professional work earlier this year."Alex Bailey, Trichromic LLP'
"Great Source of Support"
"You have essentially achieved what we had set out to do. Thank you for all of your assistance in this matter. Throughout this ordeal, you have been a great source of support."Mary Anne Poutanen, Canada
"I could not have chosen a better firm to represent me."
"You provided the key essentials (and more) for client satisfaction. I am extremely pleased with the services provided by your company and the legal team provided for me. To also turnaround my situation making it a positive outcome, I could not have chosen a better firm to represent me."Marvyn Smith, London
"I would recomend this service to anyone who has a legal matter"
"I'm so glad I had this advice before my CMD. I was very much prepared and think my company (whom I'm taking to a tribunal) were shocked at my knowledge. I would recommend this service to anyone who has a legal matter."Jacqueline Stevenson, Bristol
"Can’t wait for another session!"
"John Spyrou kindly offered to provide our publishing firm with an update on libel and defamation law. Those who attended - a mix of veteran editors and those new to the world of journalism - all said how practical and useful they found the training – and now can’t wait for another session!"Paul Snell, Redactive Media Group
"Alana & Pinder Reaux’s level of service has been exceptionally high. Always keen to help out with the work in an efficient manner. Highly recommended."Trading Point of Financial Instruments UK Ltd
"Fast and Reliable"
"Fast and reliable notary service for notarisation/legalisation of College reports for foreign office and embassies."Student Services Department, CATS College London
"One step ahead of the opposition"
"'John Spyrou has the ability to pre-empty arguments and see issues before they arise, thereby allowing him to be one step ahead of the opposition’"Christopher Bovey, Angelbird Technologies GmbH